Thursday, February 25, 2016

Blue & Beige with Black & Gold

Hello All,

It has been a busy last few days for me. However, I had happy moments and proud achievements in between, and I also found time to participate in #thedailymarker30days coloring challenge on many days.

I have made two cards inspired by Altenew's February Challenge.

Card 1: This one is stamped with Persian Motif stamp set and colored with Peerless Watercolors and Prima Marketing's watercolor pencils. I have applied Inca Gold's Gold at some places and on the sentiment to add shimmer on the card and to match with gold foiled die-cuts.



That covered the color combination in the Altenew's challenge photograph. I also wanted to have similar filigree element in my card. So, I went through my stamp and die collections and found an Inkadinkado 'inchie' stamp and a Spellbinder's Majesty die set. I did second and third generation stamping with the inchie stamp in black ink. I divided the diecut in two to add in opposite corners.
The sentiment is cut with a Simon Says Stamp's die.



Card 2: I hand painted some absract, shaded squares on the front panel with black watercolor. On a separate watercolor paper, I stamped, colored and then cut Hennah Element stamp set's pointed flowers. I added splatter with Inca Gold and black color. I have been becoming a fan of Inca Gold- Gold, I can add gold metallic color to any surface with it! Diecuts in gold foiled cardstock are cut using the smallest die from Spellbinder's Majesty die-set. The sentiment is from Altenew's Oriental Orchid stamp set. I added while enamel in the centers and adhere the panel on a black cardstock and completed the card.



Submitted to: 

Altenew's February Challenge

1 comment:

Neha said...

Love both the cards!Beautiful!

Post a Comment