Sunday, February 7, 2016

Red & Gold- You R Beaufitul Greeting

Hello Friends,

Today it is red and gold on my card. As the Valentine's day is approaching, I wanted to create something with bright red. For me, bright red and gold goes well together, and they make a perfect combination for glamour as well as traditional festivity.




So, I decided to try a combination of Ranger's Candied Apple Distress Ink and Gold- Inka Gold colors. The Candied Apple has dark red, vibrant tone without overly distracting brightness. I used Artist's Loft's 140lb watercolor paper for the front panel. First, I put down some Candied Apple ink on a clean, packaging plastic. Then I dropped water mixed Viva Decor's Inka Gold Gold color here and there into it with a brush. I put the watercolor paper over these colors on plastic and by pressing and slightly rotating the paper, I allowed colors to mix underneath and cover more area of the paper.


I let it dry and then die-cut it with My Favorite Things' Stitched Rectangle Dies. Meanwhile, I diecut leaves from Neenah's Paper using Simon Says' Clustered Leaves Die. I colored them with Inka Gold's Gold around the edges. I also embossed the sentiment from Altenew's Oriental Orchid Stamp set with White Embossing Powder on die-cut vellum. Not only I like the words and fonts of that sentiment but I also like that it is of a good size for large cards/paintings or for simple, one layer cards.

I separated branches from the Clustered leaves, arranged under the vellum piece. I added vellum piece with transparent Glue Stripes for dimension. Lastly, I added whole panel on a cardstock.

Finally, I added a heart from red cardstock and applied Glossy Accent over it.

That is it!


 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment