Thursday, February 25, 2016

Butterfly Tendrils with Gelatos & Black Cardstock

Hello all,

This is my second post today specially created for Ranganjali Blog.  I am sharing some cards I made when experimenting with Gelatos on black cardstock. I used Simon Says Stamps Butterfly Tendril die as a main feature.




-----------------------------------------------------------------


Card 1:  


This card has subtle, pastel look. For the main focus, I tried to arrange the various pieces of the Butterfly Tendrils die-cuts in wreath form. I die-cut white cardstock 4 times with this die. I coloured various components using Tropical Gelatos but rubbing the creamy colours on the paper and then smudging them with a finger. I like that it is very quick and dry as well as fun method to apply colour. You can use Gelatos as watercolors too! I used black cardstock for good contrast, embossed it with woodgrain embossing folder and sprinkled some pearlized water.

Simon Says Stamp Butterfly Tendrils

It took some time to orient and organize different pieces to create a wreath shape. I built it up from bottom up and trimmed the die-cut pieces accordingly. I adhered them with double sided tape and Glossy Accent. I added Gold Embroidery floss for added interest. I added Glossy Accents on red berries and Platinum Pearl coloured- Liquid Pearls on butterflies.
I wanted to add a sentiment in the center, which I created with two layers of Vellum pieces, die-cut with Stitched Circle die, stamped with Simon Says Stamp’s   stamp and embossed in white. I added Inca Gold’s Gold on edges of the circle die cut. Lastly, I adhered everything on a white, vertical cardbase.

-----
Card 2:

The second card has metallic look. I have Metallic Gelatos, I love them. I have been thinking of using them in a way that show their metallic characteristics. I wanted to try them on black card stock.  Butterfly tendrils die-cuts in black provided perfect opportunity to try this. Again, I cut 3-4 tendrils from black cardstock. I applied Pearl Metallic Gelato on them. For some colour variation, I used Tropical Gelatos over it at some places and blended them with a finger. That creates colourful but soft metallic appearance.

Simon Says Stamp Butterfly Tendrils

I partially embossed black cardstock with Brick Wall embossing folder. The sentiment is cut from DCWV Foiled Cardstock using Simon Says Stamp’s Happy Birthday Die. I cut a contrasting cardstock piece from Craft Smith’s Tea Party Designer Paper. I arranged and adhered various pieces of butterflies and flourishes with foam tape, double-sided tape and Glossy Accents and added Pearl coloured- Liquid Peals on butterflies. Lastly, I added whole panel on to a grey, horizontal card base.

-----
Card 3:

After these two cards, I had a lot of negative die-cut pieces left. So, I decided to use them as stencils. On a black card base, I applied Metallic Melon, Icing and Mint colours lightly with a sponge. I had another die-cut in black on which I applied in different colours Metallic Blueberry and Gold Champagne with a finger. On black cardstocks- applying metallic Gelatos with finger gives better, brighter result than sponging or watercolouring.

Simon Says Stamp Butterfly Tendrils

Simon Says Stamp Butterfly Tendrils


I arranged the die-cut under and over a Stitched rectangle with foam adhesive. Lastly, I added ‘thanks’ sentiment, with Metallic Grape colour on white die-cut, with foam and double sided adhesives. I added white stitched marks and dots with Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen.

That is it for now about my experiments with Metallic Gelatos and black cardstock!

Enjoy!


Submitted to:

1 comment:

debby4000 said...

What fabulous cards, love each one but my fave as to be the card one.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Post a Comment