Monday, September 17, 2018

MFTStamp Super Star challenge: Birds of Paradise on kraft paper

Hello,

Here is the second card of the day. It is much simpler and quicker than the first one as it is going to be submitted for My Favorite Things 2018 Card Design Super Star challengeClean & Simple Genius Category.



I love the look of nicely blended, bright colours on kraft paper. So I have tried that here. I have used My Favorite Things' Birds of Paradise stamp set to stamp two birds and a sentiment with Tsukineko Brilliance Coffee Bean ink directly on the card front and colored them with Prisma Colored Pencils. I blended the colors with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Marker Blender. Later, I directly swiped white ink pad above and below the bird images to create a focal area in the center. I partially outlined those at the corners in brown colored pencil. I added shadows around the birds with Light Grey Spectrum Noir markers.



So it is a simple one layer card with no embellishments, I hope bright colours here make up for all that.

Cheers!
Purvi


No comments:

Post a Comment