Thursday, July 23, 2015

Summery Victorian Arch Inlay

Hello!

I am posting another card with Spellbinders' Victorian Arch die. It is showing inlay technique. Yesterday, I posted two arch shaped cards made using this die here.

I wanted to make this card in summer-sunshine theme. So, I painted a piece of watercolor paper in yellow and orange colors. I painted that over with matching pearlescent colors for added shimmer. After the paper dried completely, I embossed and die-cut the intricate arch and carefully removed die saving all cut pieces from negative pieces. With the same die I cut the arch from a white cardstock and used it as the positive. With mini-inking tool, I lightly added Red Rocket ink on edges and around the central areas of the die-cut. I adhere it over to a sticky sheet cut in size of the arch. I kept the backing on the other side of the sticky sheet intact at this time. This gave a sticky surface to inlay saved yellow cut pieces in negative spaces around white die-cut details. It is not very time consuming, sticky surface makes it very easy and quick. It is just as fun as solving a jigsaw puzzle.:)


I punched out some flowers in white and lightly applied Red Rocket ink with the inking tool. For flower centers, I put a drop of Glossy Accent and sprinkled red glitter on to it. The flourishes are cut with Spellbinders' Romentic Roses die set. I colored large flourishes with green pearlescent watercolor, small ones are cut in gold foiled cardstock.
Lastly, I removed backing from the arch die-cut and adhere the piece to the card base, attached flowers and flourishes. I added a matching shimmery orange cardstock stripe to bring it all together and stamped the sentiment.

I will be having one more post of cards made with this Victorian Arch die soon.

Enjoy!


Submitted to:

Simon Says Stamp- Monday Challenge- I for Inlay
Simon Says Stamp- Wednesday Challenge- Sparkle and Shine

Items used:


2 comments:

Maura said...

Beautiful little card with lovely summer colors! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Jo Nevill said...

Very pretty card
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Post a Comment