Monday, July 6, 2015

Peony Scrolls on Kraft Card

I wanted to experiment with different colors to go with kraft cardstock in making cards. I believe, white on brown background provides the most contrast and helps brought out other colors' brightness.

I created following cards using Altenew PEONY SCROLLS Clear Stamp Set AN140 stamp set. I stamped flower images on a kraft cardstock in white. For one card, I colored them with purple and magenta soft pastels and for another I colored them with similar colors from pearlescent watercolors.
Card 1

I created backgrounds using polka dot stencils in white. For additional interest, I added a half of Splendid circle die-cut in vellum with a white ornate image stamped in the center before attaching flowers in one card. In another, I added one of the Damask accent die-cuts in silver to match with glittery pearlescent painted flowers. Lastly, I decided to go over stamped image outlines on flowers with white gelly roll pen as they were dulled after coloring with pastels, and embelished with liquid pearls.

Card 1 Close-up
Card 2 Close-up

Pearlescence

Thanks for stopping by!

Submitted to: Simon Says Stamp- Wednesday Challenge

Items used:

Altenew PEONY SCROLLS Clear Stamp Set AN140S4-354 Spellbinders SPLENDID CIRCLES Dies           



 Recollection Kraft Cardstock
 Artist's Loft Pearlescent Watercolor Pan set
 Simon Says Stamps word die- Sending
       

2 comments:

Heather said...

Both fabulous cards, lovely backgrounds with the Kraft and gorgeous pretty coloured Peony......your die panel with vellum is beautiful!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous design and details! Love the vellum and Peony Scroll flowers on kraft! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “We’re Going Dotty” Challenge!

Post a Comment