Monday, August 10, 2015

Butterfly Frame- Blooming Marvelous

Hello,

Today's card involves colorfully framed flowers and flourishes, and butterflies trying to coming out of it! :)


I have a small patio garden with a couple of flowering plants. For last few weeks, I have been spotting butterflies, moths and occasionally humming birds. This card very well reflects a glimpse of my small garden captured here.


For the card, I created stenciled background first. Colored he flourish die-cut with watercolors and added that in the middle of the arranged, skewed stitched rectangles. I added butterflies cut with another die. The large butterfly is hand-cut. I stamped a message on it and inked the edges. Lastly, I added clear rhinestones in the middle of flowers as embellishments.













          

Submitted to:
Runway Inspired Challenge #89-  
I was inspired by major colors- a sort of muted coral and citron. I have used them in the background. All other colors in the photo are used, albeit in brighter versions, in the form of butterflies, flowers and leaves.







Items used:



Stempin' up- Bloomin Marvelous
Recollections- clear Rhinestones

4 comments:

Sonali S said...

So pretty!!! Loved the photos too....you have a nice garden! :)

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful card! The colors are fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Gayatri said...

I love the angled focal frame. Nice touch! Lovely take on Runway Inspired Challenge. Thanks for playing along :)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Those skewed frames look so awesome! I love the scene in the middle too, like a little work of art. Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway! :)

Post a Comment