Thursday, June 4, 2015

Royal Purple- Congratulations

This is a card I made for an upcoming wedding, keeping in mind Simon Says Stamps' Monday challenge: Royal in mind.


Thinking of 'royal'..color purple (i.e. Tyrian purple, Imperial purple, Royal purple) came to my mind. "The actual color of Tyrian purple, the original color purple from which the name purple is derived, is the color of a dye extracted from a mollusk found on the shores of the city of Tyre in ancient Phoenicia (present day Lebanon) that in classical antiquity became a symbol of royalty because only the very wealthy could afford it. Therefore, Tyrian purple was also called imperial purple."- wikipedia.



I used a stencil to create ombre effect with purple. I then wanted to create ombre effect from opposite side with gold color. So, I used gold embossing paste. I tried to create reverse ombre in negative space with these two colors. For establishments, I imagined royal treasures and used colors and shapes I found suitable. So, I used fancy adornment, pearlescent ribbon, pearl embellishment and liquid pearls. At last, I stamped the sentiment with a dye ink.





Submitted to: 
Simon Says Stamp- Monday Challenge Royal:- Royal Purple color
Virginia's View- Challenge 15


Items used:
Stencil: Stampers Anonymous- Gothic
Embossing: Dreamweaver- Gold
Ink: ColorBox, Brilliance- Rocket Red Gold
Die: Quickcutz- Fancy Medallion Adornment 
Paper: Shimmer stack, Recollection and Neenah white cardstock 
Embellishments: Pearl, Embroidery floss- Gold, Purple, Liquid Pearls- Platinum pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment